What is Cogmed?
- Computerized training program that improves attention by training working memory
- Easy to use from the comfort of your own home
- Proven, long lasting benefits
- Developed by neuroscientists and supported by a wide base of scientific research.
What is Working Memory?
- The ability to keep information in your mind for a short period of time (seconds) and use this information in your thinking.
- For example:
o Following a sequence of instructions (e.g. “Put your math assignment away, get out your history book, and turn to page 15.”)
o Reading and remembering what you read
o Focusing on the task at hand, without being distracted
o Planning, organizing, and structuring your daily life
How does Cogmed work?
- Cogmed is back by peer reviewed, published, and fully independent scientific research
- Research has shown that attention deficits are largely caused by poor working memory
- Research shows that poor working memory is related to poor academic or professional performance
- Research shows that strong working memory is related to fluid intelligence
- Cogmed has an 80% success rate
- Benefits are strong and long lasting
- Cogmed training is intensive and rigorous, but also rewarding and satisfying
- Cogmed participation is always delivered by a qualified professional who ensures understanding of how and why the program works and ensures the user stays motivated
Who Can Benefit from Cogmed?
Cogmed is suitable for anybody, from the ages of 4 and up that wants to improve their working memory.
What is included:
- Initial interview
- Start up session
- Five weeks of training with weekly coach calls
- Wrap-up meeting
- A full year of access to Cogmed Working Memory Training
- Their child communicates better
- Their child is more focused
- Their child has matured
- Their child takes more initiative
- The student is calmer
- The student concentrates more and sustains attention for longer periods of time
- The student performs better on academic tasks
- The student shows greater interest in school work
- They concentrate better
- They perform better on exams
- They remember better
- They do not forget things as easily
- They are less restless