WE ARE OPEN FOR IN-PERSON EVALUATIONS!
We strive to offer the highest safety procedures conforming to the latest CDC safety guidelines. Please contact our neuropsychologists to discuss scheduling an appointment.
A neuropsychological evaluation is a comprehensive analysis of cognitive and behavioral functions, and is recommended when there is suspected impairment in cognition, behavior or emotion. Those suffering from any of the following conditions are appropriate for referral:
- Concussion or traumatic brain injury
- Seizure disorders
- Dementia (e.g., Alzheimer’s Disease)
- Developmental learning disabilities
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric disorders
- Lyme Disease
- Effects of toxic chemicals or chronic substance abuse
Typically, the functions that are assessed include:
- Sensory Motor skills
- Attention and Concentration
- Spatial Abilities
- Learning and Memory
- General Intelligence
- Problems Solving and Conceptualization
- Academic skills
- Psychological State and Personality
A comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation has many other useful applications such as rehabilitation planning, recovery tracking, educational planning and programming, disability determination and/or forensic assessment when cognitive disorders are reported.
Neuropsychological evaluations are also utilized in disability determination and/or forensic evaluations, when cognitive disorders are reported.